You might have heard about baking soda or even read about it. But have you used it yourself and experience many of its beneficial effects? If not, yet and you’re interested, let us quickly explore the many baking soda health benefits you can enjoy with appropriate use.
Among the proven baking soda health benefits and uses are cleaning purposes and washing fresh produce. For example, baking soda is a very potent neutralizer of pesticides found in fruits and vegetables.
Moreover, baking soda is valuable for improving and maintaining health and well-being. Although it offers far more health benefits, hopefully, these few known benefits would be able to encourage you to use it as part of your healthy practices.
Known Baking Soda Health Benefits
Now, let us quickly go over the few known baking soda health benefits. And, know that baking soda has been used in studies1 as a therapy for kidney diseases, which researchers find effective.
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate is an alkaline salt. This is why it works well in maintaining the body’s pH or acidity to a neutral level. In fact, it helps in clearing out acid in the muscle cells decreasing fatigue while increasing performance2 3 4.
Practical Uses and Benefits
- A teaspoon of baking soda into a glass of water can soothe joint and muscle pains.
- Putting 2 teaspoons of baking soda into a glass of water neutralizes stomach pain and reduces ulcer symptoms.
- Boosts kidney function.
- Get rid of bad breath by gargling water with baking soda in it.
- Helpful for easing and even naturally treating urinary tract infection by drinking 250ml of lemon juice with a teaspoon of baking soda.
- For general health purposes and alkalizing the body, mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and half a teaspoon of baking soda into a glass of warm water.
- Water with baking soda is good and gentle for washing hands.
- For heartburn relieve, mix half a teaspoon of baking soda into 1/2 cup of water and drink it.
- For oral infection prevention and whiter teeth, use baking soda as an alternative to toothpaste along with coconut oil.
- Skin exfoliation and prevent skin health issues by making a paste using baking soda plus water.
- Molasses plus baking soda is effective for preventing fungus particularly candidiasis.
- Relieve and soothe sunburn, skin allergies, itchiness and rashes.
- Eliminates dandruff by simply massaging it on the scalp.
- Mix baking soda with water and use it to soothe stings and insect bites.
- The same mixture as above for preventing fungal infections on your nails.
- Exact same mixture is useful for fighting herpes infections.
- Mix baking soda with sea salt and peppermint oil, then use this mixture to soak your feet to eliminate and prevent bad foot odor and treat fungal infections, as well.
Cancer Treatment Purposes
We’ve mentioned 17 practical uses above and this is the 18th health benefit of baking soda. There are doctors who discovered that one of the amazing baking soda health benefits is killing cancer cells. For example, Dr. Tulio Simonchini uses sodium bicarbonate as a therapy for cancer treatment.
Take Home Message
Baking soda is just one of those least utilize cheap alternative for staying healthy. These wide ranges of baking soda health benefits can only be enjoyed with appropriate usage.
Hence, in order to begin reaping most of the health benefits of baking soda, start using it today. Furthermore, one thing making many people sick today is exposure to harmful chemicals at home.
In fact, many of these chemicals are present in common household cleaners. Many of them are endocrine disrupters causing infertility in men and many cancers. We might think that cigarette smoking is an obvious threat to our health but without thinking the soap in our kitchens and bathroom may have the same negative impacts.
So, the change really begins with the individual. By making ourselves aware of the wide choices of the natural alternatives, we are able to have the freedom to choose. This eventually leads us to have full control of our health and wellness.
It may be difficult to grasp and take action initially but just do it. The more often you do it, the quicker it becomes a habit. When you find one thing that works for you, it leads to more discoveries and uses.
Then, since you are happy about your results, you want to share. However, the key is not just sharing the information but also doing a little research by yourself.
Important Note On Oral Intake of Baking Soda
Well, now that you know the effectiveness of baking soda, it is time talk about safety. Yes, this is something you need to know as too much of it is also bad.
There are two ways of using baking soda namely orally and topically. When using baking soda topically or externally, there are not many issues with it. However, using or taking baking soda internally or orally can have a negative impact when it is too much.
Why? Although our body favors alkalinity, one part of our body, particularly in the digestive system, needs to be acidic. This is the stomach as it needs to be highly acidic to digest the foods and extract nutrients like proteins and even kill pathogens before it gets to the small intestines.
To learn more, watch this…